Sunday, July 25, 2010

Least used -- poor baby

The model I will use least in my Language Arts classroom is vocabular acquisition. Not! Vocabulary is actually in our core. Ha ha. My content excludes none of these models, so I'll have to make a decision based on the number of times per year I will use them. I'll have to go with -- and this breaks my heart -- inquiry. The reasoning for this is that when my students will be doing this, they will be writing a research paper, and those only occur once a year for me. When I use it, I will really use it, but it won't be on a continual basis throughout the year for my classroom. I hate to be grinch-ish about this model, but I can only afford to use it once a year. Rest assured that when I do, it will make my students' brains grow three sizes that day:)

1 comment:

  1. Adolescent brains growing three sizes in one day... now THAT is worth an inquiry or two! Maybe you could invent a "mini inquisition" around a novel, or some poet's life. I get what you're saying, though. I don't have much time for this one either.

    ReplyDelete